Winter Garden Care
1. Rake the leaves and pick up the twigs and sticks, they will make for great fire starters for the fireplace. While your doing a clean up, clean the house gutters before the winter rain.
2. It's time to prune back trees, roses and climbers. Start by pruning lightly and if more needs to come off, you can take a little more - better to be safe, than sorry.
3. Plant your winter vegetables, snow peas and spinach are fast winter growers. Cabbage pumpkin and leaks are great for making a winter veggie soup.
4. Aerate the lawn, this let's in the moisture and helps rejuvenate for spring.
5. Remember to adjust your automated water system, your garden needs less water in the winter months. Also reduce the watering of your potted plants.
6. Move tropical plants and other warmth lovers in a sheltered area like a verandah or pergola area.
7. July is the best time to plant your bare rooted fruit trees for the coming summer, plant them in sunny, well drained spot.
Most of all, enjoy the time spent in you garden...
Images are either copyright to Anthony Scott Landscape Design or collected from Pinterest.